Accelerating?

On this most auspicious day (08-08-08) we're reflecting on yesterday, when it seemed just about everyone was encouraging us to accelerate our plans to become fulltimers.

Boris had lunch planned with a friend. With pictures of Bullwinkle and our latest adventures in hand, he shared the news of the latest addition to our family and our plans for the future.

I spent time with my hairstylist yesterday. And, as every woman knows, the best hairstylists also provide a listening ear and sage advice.

Back home, Boris and I shared stories of our outings. We were surprised to hear that the friend and the hairstylist had exactly the same thing to say:

"What's keeping you here?"

We both answered that we didn't know for sure. So, being the dutiful friend and stylist, they asked a few more questions and listened attentively to the answers. Then, we reported to each other, they came to the same answer of the big question they had asked:

"Nothing!"

We talked about it together, and agreed that our therapists du jour were absolutely correct. Really, truly, there is nothing keeping us here. (Heck, one of my sticking points was indeed my hairstylist. I told her I wasn't sure what to do about my hair on the road. She had an answer for that, too! So, now it's really nothing!)

Today we are seriously thinking about accelerating our plans. We're not ready to declare a new departure date just yet. But, we might soon. So, stay tuned!

No comments: