It was that kind of day.
With the painters planning to work at our house until 4:30 or 5:00 today, we took our time leaving Pismo this morning. With plans to leave by 11, I delayed those plans by about an hour when an innocent trip to the recycling bin turned into a fun conversation with new friends who own a 32H like ours. We had eyed this twin of ours motorhome all week and had high hopes of meeting its owners. They were never around, until the trip to recycling bin. Figures! Though our visit with these new friends would wreak total havoc on our day, it was worth it!
As you loyal readers know, I am not the primary driver of our motorhome. But, today seemed like the perfect day for me to take the wheel for the first leg. As we pulled out of Pismo Coast Village at noon, we felt like salmon swimming upstream as we met a pod of Dolphins (motorhomes, not sea mammals) coming into the park for a weekend rally. To say it was a mess would be an understatement. There's a reason why check out is a noon and check IN is at 4PM. But, that just didn't seem to matter much today. And, I should've taken it as a sign.
Usually, I'm good for driving an hour or two. Then, I need a break. And, Boris is ready to provide. But, today there just wasn't a good spot to stop. Before I knew it three hours had gone by. I headed for the one place I knew would be RV accessible: Camping World. We had lunch there at 3:30. Yep. It was that kind of day.
From there, Boris took over and guided us through really crappy Thursday afternoon traffic to our storage spot, which we arrived at around 5:00. We schlepped the stuff from the moose to the squirrel (I can't wait 'til we don't have to do that anymore) and were home around 6:30.
When we arrived home, we were reminded of the reason for our trip to the beach. While we were away, the painters were at work. The inside of our place looks gorgeous! Not gorgeous enough to stay, mind you. But, definitely gorgeous enough to sell! What a treat! The place looks great. The exterior painters were delayed by rain while we were away, but it looks like they were able to do some priming today.
Despite one less than stellar travel day, we are definitely making progress!


No comments:
Post a Comment