Watchful Eye

As promised, our sub-freezing overnight temperatures arrived. Last night's overnight low was 12 degrees, and we were graced with 17 degrees the night before last. We continue to watch our propane consumption and have pretty much accepted the fact that there's a propane errand in our future. Meanwhile, we're doing our best to manage the inside temps. The line to our icemaker is frozen, so we're going to run out and pick up a trouble light and a light bulb or two to keep it warm from here on out.

And, yes, we have thought about aborting our visit here and heading for Texas. But, heck, it's snowing down there. There's no place to escape!

We're also keeping an eye on my right eye. Yesterday it burned and itched all day, and I was quick to attribute the malady to spending too much time in sub-freezing gale force winds while we sorted through our POD. By the time we headed out for some fine Kansas City BBQ with Mac and Netters, who have stopped by to visit for a few days, my eye was red and puffy. A few eyedrops and a good night's sleep later, it was pink, puffy and, well, gross. Our household diagnosis is pink eye, or one pink eye. So, for now, I'm quarantined. I debated about heading to a clinic today, and this afternoon it is looking a wee bit better. I'm hoping another good night's sleep will do the trick. If I still look like half a crack addict tomorrow, I'll see a doctor.

We enjoyed a wonderful evening with Mac and Netters. It's such a treat that they decided to come up and pay us a visit. Good folks who will come see you in sub-freezing temps. Now, those are friends! My fingers are crossed that I'll get clearance tomorrow and we can get together. Although, they've already been exposed to whatever it is I have. My fingers are doubly crossed that they don't catch it!

I'll close with a bit of good news. Tonight's forecast low: 22 degrees.

Things are looking up.

4 comments:

Margie M. said...

Watch those crossed fingers, they may freeze in that position. We are expecting overnight lows around 10 degrees Mon, Tue and Wed. Yippee.

Good luck with the pink eye. Hope it heals up quickly.

Gordon Pierce said...

Coming out here won't help...snow is in the forecast down to 0 feet Saturday night through Sunday night...oh well, there is always south Florida! :-)

Take care of that eye!

Da Godfadda

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Wow, a heat wave! Hope your eye is better tomorrow!

squawmama said...

Sorry to hear about your eye and hope it is nothing to bad... Actually hope it goes away fast... As far as cold it pretty much is that way across the country except maybe the coast of Ca and south Florida... Stay warm and Have FUN!!!

Travel Safe
Donna