I picked up all kinds of bits of wisdom watching that show. The most pertinent to today was a piece of advice Mary's mom shared with her about the common cold. "It's three days coming, three days with you, and three days going," she said. Since then, every time I feel a cold coming on, I start counting the days. Time and time again, Mary's mom's words have proven themselves true.
Today is Day 7.
At last this big bad cold bug is finally on it's way out. I've emerged from a Benadryl fog, and the last three days are a blur. I've literally blown through two boxes of Kleenex and slept more hours than I've been awake. The few hours I was awake I spent most with our family here, increasing the odds that soon they'll catch the thing, too.
What a way to start a new year!
We postponed our departure for Livingston until tomorrow to give me a much needed day of rest. By tomorrow, Day 8, I'll be ready to roll. And, that's a good thing. There's another arctic blast on its way that's expected to reach south Texas by Thursday. Of course, that same arctic blast is supposed to bury Kansas City in temperatures that are double digits below zero. So, we'll happily take an overnight temperature of 20 degrees in Livingston. When it comes to being warm in the winter, it's all relative.
In our first six months of fulltiming we've seemed to attract record-breaking weather wherever we go. Here's hoping the next six months are far less eventful!


4 comments:
Glad you're on day 7 !!
Weather extremes seem to follow us also. Last winter 2008-2009 when we stayed in Tumwater they had the biggest snowfall in 50 years. Last May we were in Florida and it was the hottest beginning of May they'd had in eons. We're just so lucky.
It will get warmer in Texas sooner than it will get warmer in KC. Have fun!
B&N,
I am pleased to see that someone has assumed the role as record weather magnet...we carried that mantle long enough.
Thanks for taking over for us!!
Da Godfadda
Wow, nothing short of Sara N. Dippity has me reading your blog. I did a New Year's "Musings On 2010" post on my own Artful RV Adventures/Box Canyon Blog and it included some "things" I missed about the old days. One of them was the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show... specifically Boris and Natasha.
Well a commenter dropped a link to you guys saying you were alive and well and RV'ers to boot! Cool.
Mark
So sorry to hear you have been "under the weather" no pun intended. LOL Glad you're beginning day 8 and heading for Texas!!
P.S. I loved The Mary Tyler Moore Show also.
Post a Comment