Pashmina

Here we are happily camped in a familiar park, and it's one of our favorites: Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville, TN. We were here, checked in and set up by 1 PM today. Can I say I am loving the whole early arrival thing? It is definitely great to be back here.

Most of the time after our arrival early this afternoon was spent staying cool inside. After all, the afternoon high was nearly 90, and the western sun did a steady job of beating in our Imax window. It was warm, indeed. No doubt about it.

But, as the sun started to set in the west in this eastern edge of the Central Time Zone, we did a couple of laps strolling around the park, then settled in to our very pleasantly appointed site. We made ourselves comfortable in the park-supplied table and chairs and enjoyed a cocktail overlooking the lake. Before long we decided to pull out our outside TV and take in the Sunday night football game on NBC. As we watched the Manning brothers do their thing, the night air took on a wee bit of a chill. So, I went inside and grabbed my pashmina.

Back in the day, when we were super workaholics and I paid attention to fashion, there came a time when the pashmina was all the rage. This 28" x 80" piece of fine cashmere wool was the accessory du jour, especially in San Francisco, where the daytime temps can quickly and easily swing to a chilly evening. Somewhere along the way I decided I needed to have one, and Paul surprised me with a pashmina one Christmas. It's a lovely weave, lightweight but still toasty warm, in a salmon color. I loved it. I wrapped myself in it many an evening when we headed into the city for cocktails or dinner when the evening chill settled in.

As we were purging ourselves of all of our possessions, I remember several times when I placed my palm on my comfy, cozy, super soft salmon-colored pashmina. Several times I thought about giving it to a friend. After all, why would I need such a luxurious thing on the road? But, each time I talked myself out of it and decided to keep this wonderful piece of wool. When the last purging took place, my decision was final. The pashmina was lightweight and warm. It didn't take up much space. It would stay.

I'm soooooo glad.

Tonight as I sat in my super casual tank top and cotton capris, I wrapped myself in my wonderful pashmina. Luxury meets practical cotton. I'm telling you, it was pure bliss. To envelope myself in this luscious lightweight blanket of wool was pure luxury. It's the perfect way for me to spend an evening, provided there's no smelly campfire around.

Turns out, it looks like the elder Manning will trounce the younger. But, tonight, I'm especially glad I had the foresight to hold on to just a little bit of luxury.

Love it!

7 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

just a little bit of luxury does wonders for the soul and the ensemble!!!..good for you for keeping it and letting it come along for the ride!..nice wrap up to the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I so can't wait to get you to redneck heaven where the fashionistas are all in the latest nightgown/sweatshirt combo....with a side of Crocs for the day...into evening look!!!

Paul and Mary said...

Hey, I have Crocs!

Anonymous said...

Oh....you're getting close to fitting in!!!!

Margie M. said...

You're in a luxury rig, so why not a luxury wrap? Makes sense to me.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Good for you! When you love something that much, enjoy it! If we save the "good things" for special occasions, instead of using them, time goes by and they never get used.

I made my grandmother a lovely afghan, but she said it was too nice for everyday use and stored it away in plastic. Yes, after she passed away, it was STILL in the plastic, unused, when we cleared out her apartment. Sigh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Merikay said...

We have our favorite throws that come out every fall and stay on the couch and chair until late spring. I'm sure they will come along with us when our adventure begins.