While we've been busy getting ready to roll, I decided to do a bit of blog maintenance and give some much-needed attention to our blogroll.
We had the great pleasure of meeting Mike and Peggy, who stopped here in Buckhorn for a couple of nights on their sojourn to points west. I read their blog periodically, but they weren't on our blogroll so I was far from a regular reader. On a walk around the park we spotted their Adventurer and toad with Maine plates and something looked familiar. Later, I fired up the laptop and spotted a new wifi network in the neighborhood: Maineiacs. I knew that word from the title of their blog and went looking. Much to our delight, we discovered Mike and Peggy were here!
Their time was limited, but we enjoyed a brief visit yesterday morning. We exchanged stories of the road and all things Winnebago. And, we look forward to meeting them on the road again one day. We had planned to see them off this morning. But, one of us was still sleeping when they hit the road. We wish them safe travels as they head far west before they head home.
This whole exchange got me thinking about our blogroll. Mike and Peggy have a blog, but I hadn't put them on the blogroll because I didn't know where to "put" them. So, I didn't put them anywhere and, as a result, nearly missed them. Determined to list their blog in a place I couldn't miss it, I went to work on reorganizing the list. I quickly got rid of the old "categories" and divided the list in two simple groups. Bottom line, we really don't care what anybody's "fulltiming status" is. And, who are we (of all people) to declare what that is anyway? What we do know is there are some folks out here in blogging land that we've met, and there are those that we have yet to meet but would sure like to one day. So, that's how they're listed. And, I don't know about you, but it makes a whole lot more sense to us.
Now we have the perfect place to list a bunch more blogs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
like your new division of blogs followed...
I like your idea!..and we are so glad to be on the list of 'bloggers you have met'!!
Not being especially techy, I just list blogs I follow. There isn't enough time in each day to read everyone's post all the time, but I do try to keep up. :)
You should have gotten Paul outa bed and come over to say bye!
Glad to have had a few minutes to say Hi - I'm sure we'll meet up again somewhere down the road.
wow, you been gettin' around! I do like the new idea too and someday hope to make the jump up!
So glad you got to meet our friends, Mike & Peggy!! They are fantastic people. And maybe one day, we'll get a face-to-face with you, too!
Post a Comment