We've (pretty much) recovered from our food coma. We caught up with former Oakland neighbors visiting Santa Fe yesterday, which was a treat. And, thankfully, we met up over lemonade (for me) and a couple of beers (for Paul). It was so great to be with them, and we were even happier that no food was consumed! Yeah!
The April winds continue to blow across Santa Fe. It's getting a bit old, but we are so thankful that we've not been caught in any of the severe storms that have affected so many across the midwest and eastern seaboard. All things considered, we'll take sunny skies, moderate temps and some wind. It's not all bad.
The gale force winds continue to keep us inside. But, we're not complaining, really. You see, we have lots of projects! I can't speak for Paul, but I know he has a few projects underway. I can speak for myself, and I'm here to tell you, I have a lot of projects! These windy days have given me some welcome time to tend to my "to-do" list.
A quick inventory of my projects in the works results in a list that, frankly, is too long. I have four quilts in the works. There's my cookbook project, which involves transcribing my dear mother-in-law's recipe box into a family cookbook. And, I'm supposed to be working on a book. (Sadly, my word count has remained stagnant for a long while!) And, oh yeah. There's this travel blog that is again unattended. According to Bullwinkle's Travels, we're still in Carlsbad! Then, there's my knitting. I've been working on some kind of flouncy scarf that attracted my attention. But, it's not done.
While shopping in Santa Fe the other day, I added another project to my pile in the blink of an eye. My friend Cindy and I were eyeing a snazzy knitted three-button shawl that we spotted at more than one store.
"I can make that," I snapped. It'll take forever and cost twice as much, of course. But, I was inspired. Days later I found yarn and three buttons and another project is in the works.
How does this happen?
Have I mentioned I was once a hard-working workaholic? It's amazing how those unhealthy tendencies can invade retirement.
So, with too much to do, I should sign off for now. Here's hoping we can make the most of the next couple of weeks in Santa Fe. We'll see the sights and do what we can to make some serious progress on these pesky projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
have a great day with all your 'projects'!..sounds like a fun way to spend some time..now you just need to 'buckle down and get to work'!
Post a Comment