Shopping!

I never knew we could spend money so fast!

But, we sure can!

We're here to tell ya, setting up a household from essentially scratch involves a whole lotta shopping. Just this week we've purchased TVs, DVD, phones, sound stuff, a sofa, chair and recliner. That and a bunch of other stuff, plus the few things we have in storage, are all planned to show up on our doorstep next week.

Say it with me now.

Cha-Ching!

And, really, we're just getting started!

We knew this would be a pricey proposition. And, yes, we planned for it. But, for a couple of frugal types like us this has been a real head spinner!

Besides super shopping, we've been uber-busy with family stuff. It's been crazy. In fact, we're having to squeeze in the shopping when we can. Late this afternoon we drove by our very-soon-to-be house. It's sitting there, just waiting for us. Everything is set for us to get the keys on Monday.

"It looks peaceful," Paul said as we looked longingly at our future home.

I couldn't agree more.

And, we can't wait.

You see, even with lots more shopping to do, our house is already becoming a haven.

We really need it.

4 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

Happy shopping !!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Ha-been there done that:) Our experience is that the spending does not end for awhile. The good part is that you a lot of new stuff at once. I have thought that this might mean it is all going to wear out at the same time:(

Merikay said...

I'm glad you are writing about this aspect. Here at the other end, the beginning it reminds me to be sure to set aside a fund for getting resettled. I don't want to think about it, but having an end plan is important. But first we have to get out of here!

Leno said...

I am so happy for you and your new venture...Best of luck..