90 Hours

That's how many I've worked in the last week, give or take a few hours.

And, you wondered why we're planning a great RV escape?

As I've mentioned before, I am a career workaholic. But, this last week took the proverbial cake. And, it was an exceptional week by any measure: a mega, one-time project that had to be planned and prepped to be executed over the weekend and the first two days of this week.

Now that I'm on the back side of this brutal execution, I'm relieved that the project went well. The next several weeks will be about cleaning up and catching up, of course. But, the bulk of it is done.

It's been interesting to exert such effort while in my state of emotional disconnection from my work. I stood by my declaration not to care about the place, and instead channeled all my passion into this project. Sure, it was a challenge. And, sure, I loved it.

But, now that it's just about done, I notice my tired workaholic body is shifting it's attention. Now, it's really time for us to get out of here!

But, first, I have to get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you sleep? You have planning to do! Lists to make...RVing to be done!!!