Nuts and Prozac

Boris, the cats and I are enjoying a few quiet moments before our tourists find their way home from their first big day of sightseeing.

Shortly after our guests arrived yesterday afternoon, we asked them what they wanted to do. Their reply was unanimous: "We want to meet Bullwinkle!" So, we loaded everybody up and ventured out to the storage place to meet the moose. Much to our surprise, as soon as we pulled up out came their cameras. Snap, snap. Bullwinkle was an instant celeb! We were touched that they were inspired to take pictures of our home away from home.

Within a few minutes, we put Bullwinkle through his paces, setting the auto levelers and extending the slides. Once we had created as much space inside as we could, we invited the family in to see the place. They ooed and ahhhd for the duration of the tour: the whole four minutes.

With the initial introduction behind us, the reality of what we're up to began to sink in. As the eight of us stood in the 300 square foot space (rather comfortably, I might add), I could see the look. Sure. At first, they were excited for us and eager to see all the features Bullwinkle has to show. But, when they began to realize that in a relatively short time this will be our home for awhile, they began to wonder what we were really up to.

They think we're nuts.

Oh well. To each his own.

And, what does all this have to do with Prozac? Nothing, really. It's just that Boris took our girl kitty to the vet today. She's been piddling where she shouldn't, and I swear I've seen recent evidence of her leg problem from a month or so ago.

So, what's today's diagnosis? Her leg is fine. And, the piddling has nothing to do with the piddling parts of a cat. Instead, the good doc says its stress. Perhaps a new cat that's moved into the neighborhood or another animal passing by the place where the dirty deed has been done.

What's the cure?

Prozac! A couple of milligrams once a day should do the trick.

Already, she seems like one happy cat.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I bet she IS one happy cat! Does the Prozac stop the piddling?
gypsy