Paul's sister and her husband made the trek from central Kansas to Kerrville to spend a few days with us in Hill Country. They stayed right here at Buckhorn in one of the cute little cottages on the property. We were so pleased to find the accommodations quite suitable for our guests. It was so great to have them just a few steps away from our rolling home.
We were blessed with gorgeous weather during their visit, so we made the most of it. We made a repeat visit to the LBJ Ranch, Luckenbach and Fredericksburg. (Darn! We had to pick up more goodies at Rustlin' Robs!) The next day we made a loop through southern portions of Hill Country, to Bandera (where I spotted a very fun quilt store), the edge of San Antonio for some big city shopping and a swing through Boerne. Each evening we enjoyed a light dinner at home accompanied by lots of great conversation. An extra special treat last night was watching our beloved Jayhawks trounce our in-state rivals. What a great way to wrap up this family visit!
Susan and Doug were off early this morning in a race against the weather. An expected Arctic blast is forecasted to bring ice and cold to Kansas starting tomorrow. The same weather system is supposed to replace our sunny 70s with lows in the teens for a couple of nights. (That's right...TEENS!)
Our mission for the next two days is clear: Soak up as much sun as we can and pick up supplies for our favorite cold weather cuisine. Looks like these action-packed fun days will be followed by a few days of downtime inside our cozy rolling home.
Maybe, just maybe, I can find some time to update our travel blog!


8 comments:
glad you had some fun with the other 'Sue and Doug' in your life!!
ditto what auggie dog said!!..how can there possibly be two 'Susan and Doug's' in your world!!..glad you had some fun with them!!
That is such a great area to be in, we are jealous.
Ya... what Sue said... How funny!!! Glad you had a great time with your friends.
Have fun & Travel Safe & Stay warm ☺
Donna
I can't believe you have a typo!! I think it's the first time I've ever seen one in one of your posts. :) Guess it's the former teacher in me, but I always notice grammar errors when I read. Just wish I could see the ones I make.
Check out the first sentence. :)
Miss Judy - Thanks so much for the heads up. I wish I could blame that one on auto correct, but Blogger doesn't even have that, so it's all me!
Auggie, Sue and Doug and Squaw - It's really funny, Paul's sister is "Susan", but guess who caught themselves calling her "Sue" and them "Sue and Doug", too????
Chuck and Anneke - It IS a fantastic area. But, you might want to check back with us after Wednesday, when the overnight low is now forecasted to be 8!!!!
would have loved to stop by and see you but the stars were not aligned...
Glad to hear you had a great time with your family, maybe the colder temps are coming at the perfect time for you to just sit by the fireplace and relax:) Stay warm and maybe it won't be as bad as they are predicting.
Post a Comment